INFORMATION FOR TRADERS ATTENDING OUR EVENTS IN 2020
Brighton Roaring Twenties
Hove Lawns, Brighton BN3 2FR
Your unit must be in great condition and sparkling clean.
3m deep x 6m wide
Tables and chairs are acceptable for infront of your unit.
You have already told us what you sell on your application, and we have agreed it. Do not alter or add to it.
Note: All food vendors can sell tea,instant coffee and cold drinks.
All food vendors can also sell ONE veggie option to avoid queuing twice.
We need copies of your:
• Public liability
• Food Safety Risk Assessment
• Health & Safety Risk Assessment
• Fire Risk Assessment
• Work Unit Insurance
• Electrical Testing Certificate
Vendors must have a Food Hygiene Rating of 3 or more.
We need these documents by 30th June 2020. Please email them to email@example.com. The subject line to read: RAMS/Brighton or RAMS/Bexhill.
Failure to provide these documents by the dates stated may result in you foregoing your pitch.
If it is the case that your documents renew between June 30th and the actual fair date, please contact Sharon 07828 772475.
Our Brighton show does NOT require you to apply for an alcohol licence.
Our Bexhill show requires you to apply for your TEN to: Rother Ditrict Council. We need this a month in advance of the show. Send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate Challenge 25 at our events. If someone looks under 25, you must ask them to prove that they are over 18 to serve them alcohol. Plastics only allowed.
Structures and Gazebos
• If you are erecting your own structure it must be secure. You will be given a sign off form making responsibility and liability 100% your own.
• Neither Bentleys Fairs,nor the councils we work with (Brighton & Hove City Council and Rother District Council) will accept responsibility for any claims whatsoever arising from or pertaining to your structure or damage which it may cause.
• In the case of predicted bad weather, it may be the case that gazebos and structures cannot be erected. Marshals will also advise you if you should take structures down overnight due to predicted bad weather.
The seafront can be a windy place. You will need heavy weights to keep your structure firmly grounded
10am – 5.00 Saturday and 10am – 5pm Sunday with the exception to the main bar who will cater for the evening events. No food or drink is to be sold after 5.00pm
The main arena will be closed to the public at 5.30 sharp on Saturday so that marshals can get the area ready for the evening event.
Vendors wishing to attend the evening event – (The Vintage Swing Night) held in the marquee can purchase half price tickets via Sharon 07828 772475.
V Storm Security
Will be on duty throughout the event.Traders may stay on site in their vehichles.
• These events are on the seafront.Look for the marshals who will guide you in.
• Please arrive between the hours of 2pm to 6pm on Friday or 6.00am to 8.00am on Saturday. Vendors will be not be able to gain access outside of these times. Please let us know which day you will be coming in.
• No rubbish whatsoever is to be left behind you. Please bring bags to take it away. If rubbish is left on your pitch you will be charged for it.
• Do not tip any liquids onto the lawns, anyone found damaging them wilfully will be charged for the damage.
There is no water or electricity at these venue. There are toilets.
• Generators must be cordoned off and away from the public, they must be diesel.
• Vendors must have their own fire fighting equipment, extinguishers and fire blankets.
Vehicles and trailers
Vehicles & trailers are not permitted to move once in situ. Please use hazard warning lights and keep speed to a minimum. Please note there is no cashpoint on the grounds.
Refund of pitch fees
No refunds will be given should the fair be cancelled due to no fault of the organisers.
No refunds will be given due to bad weather or low sales due to any reason.
ALL DEPOSITS FOR PITCH FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
Fully Paid up pitches requesting refunds within a 12 week period before the start of the fair will be charged a £50 fee to cancel. See full terms and conditions
The maximum weight of any vehicle allowed on site is 3.5 tons (laden)
The earliest time to leave the site on Sunday is 5.30pm when the show has finished.
Bentleys Fairs is a well-established organisation with professional PR & marketing. Our events are marketed extensively, therefore we do not have control over visitor numbers or the weather and are therefore not prepared to enter into any debate regarding issues outside of the organisation’s control
Please contact Sharon in the event of any issues before the event on 07828 772475 – 01424 218803.
We look forward to working with you!